USAID/Nigeria in Abuja, is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the post of Project Management Specialist for Water, Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office.
Job Title: Project Management Specialist for Water, Sanitation Hygiene (WASH).
Job Location: Abuja.
Educational Qualification: BSc.
Educational Qualification Description:
- University degree in Public Administration, Planning, Operations or Finance, Engineering, Law, Business, Economics, Development, or related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in economic development, partnership development, or in a closely related area. Three years of this experience should have been with an international organization is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- A good knowledge of Nigerian economic growth and role of development as well as direct hands-on experience improving water and sanitation services and hygiene promotion in rural and urban area is required.
- Knowledge of water and sanitation sector development in African, including state-of- the art approaches in technology selection, policies/enabling environment, institutional structures, community governance, financing, environmental sustainability, and social,’cultural issues including gender is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software programs, excellent communication and ability to function independently in complex, frequently changing political and economic condition is required.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week.
Salary: Or Ordinarily Resident (Or) – N8,795,684.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10. In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- The position is divided between two areas: Program/Project Development, Management, and Oversight and Reporting, Evaluation, and communication & Outreach.
- The incumbent serves as the sector lead for all mission intervention related to WASH (Water, Sanitation Hygiene).
- The program focus is on management of the WASH portfolio and on WASH Sector development to facilitate investments in the water sector by the public and private sectors, and international financial institutions, and includes work with the relevant ministries and municipalities, other GoN entities, the private sector, and others.
- Additionally, s/he coordinates activities with other technical teams in the mission, as appropriate, with particular emphasis on ensuring program coherence with the Health/Nutrition technical team.
- When fully qualified, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Apply Before: 21st March, 2016.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.