Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Educational Qualification: BSc in psychology, Valid License from Nigerian Association of Clinical psychologists
Years of Experience: Minimum of 1 year of active clinical experience since graduation; Interest and/or experience in Sexual/Gender Based Violence.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Female applicants desirable.
- English Language essential, Local language, desirable
Job Specification(s): Psycho social Responsibilities
- Ensure psychological support throughout the SGBV survivors stay at the clinic
- Ensure that psycho social care is integrated as soon as possible in the care of the survivor
- Assess social and protection needs as needed
- Continue to offer counselling services to survivors on follow up according to the protocol and based on the needs identified
- Emphasize the importance of adherence to follow up appointments
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective Identify the need for, and facilitate support groups.
- Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients, elaborate a diagnosis and establish a plan of treatment
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
- Counsel families on how to support their child if the survivor is a minor
- Guarantee confidentiality
- Guarantee correct handling of all documents related to the patient
- Provide systematic follow-up for survivors
- Participate in data collection
- Write clear and concise notes in survivor files whenever the patient is seen
- Maintain a good documentation system for the adherence sessions for effective follow up of survivors
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of activities in care for SGBV survivors
- Schedule follow up appointments for survivors and explain the importance of the appointment
• Contract will be an open ended contract with three months of probations.
208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Apply Before: 30th June 2016.
How to Apply: Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Port Harcourt. No 20, Bodo Street GRA II, Port Harcourt . Applications can be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Additional Information: only successful applicants will be called for interview
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.