Palladium International is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Educated to degree level or above (masters degree preferable)
Years of Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- At least 5 years experience working with DFID or other donors and managing other team members
- At least 5 years of experience of direct line management of staff
- Excellent communication skills, working with team members from different countries and backgrounds.
- Ability to manage large teams often remotely and in a complex programme
- High level of integrity and provides consistency in a dynamic and evolving programme
Please follow instructions on the website to apply for the role.
The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) is a flagship five-year Public Sector Accountability and Governance programme, working in three States, and in addition 3 Regions of Nigeria, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The focus of PERL is to reform how governments organise their core business of making, implementing, tracking and accounting for policies, plans and budgets used in delivering public goods and services to the citizenry, and how citizens themselves engage with these processes.
The Engaged Citizens (ECP)is part of RERL sustainable delivery of public goods and services which better respond to citizens needs. The program is divided into three pillars with pillar one titled Accountable, Capable and Responsive Government (ARC) will help strengthened processes, practices and capabilities within government to ensure more accountable and effective use of public resources. Pillar two Engaged Citizens (ECP) will help constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing governments on selected service delivery and policy issues for the benefit of increasing numbers of Nigerians. Finally pillar three titled Learning, Evidence and Influencing (LEAP) will engage in Nigerian public discourse including other development programmes, and political leadership for them to benefit from a strengthened evidence base (provided by the work of Pillars 1&2) on how to deliver public sector reform and broader social change in favour of increased public accountability and reduced corruption.
The Head of MEL Support will be a member of the Programme Management Team, together with the Programme Director, Team Leader, Technical Director and Heads of Technical and Operational Support. As a member of this team, the Head of MEL Support will jointly:
- Oversee production of ECP-wide plans, reports and other deliverables.
- Ensure that action is taken in light of feedback and decisions from the Programme Steering Committee (PSC) and Strategic Leadership Board (SLB).
- Approve state or regional level workplans and take decisions on allocation of ECP resources and funding, including decisions on consultancy inputs from the Strategic Technical Group (STG) of specialist short-term advisers from our niche partners and our more general Short-Term Technical Assistance Pool.
- Agree lead responsibilities for each STL and the FTL between the 3 Heads, with consideration to priority team needs, operational arrangement and professional/personal mentoring relationship.
- Provide daily oversight, staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP?s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal, mediation, arbitration, and enforcement of discipline.
- Line management of the National/Federal, Northern and Southern MEL Officers and the MEL Reporting Officer ? provide daily oversight, staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP?s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal, mediation, arbitration, and enforcement of discipline.
- Take decisions relating to continuation, further testing, adapting and scale-up of interventions that have been approved by the SLB.
- Provide collective oversight to our national, state and federal programme delivery teams.
- Work with the Head of Technical and Head of Operations to develop a system of joint line management for all STLs and the FTL that meets their required management needs in terms of providing technical, MEL and operational team leadership in their respective locations.
Apply Before: 24 July 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply