Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Advisor
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: LLM from a recognized university;
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years’ professional experience as a Legal Specialist/Advisor for international NGOs;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Deep understanding of the corporate laws and laws governing the work of I/NGOs in Nigeria;
- Excellent analytical, researching and writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication;
This consultancy is only open to Nigerian nationals.
Job Specification(s): Purpose
The Legal Advisor will provide advice and ensure that all organizational dealings, and legal documents are complying with applicable law. S/he will review legal documents and ensure that it’s effectively drafted and interpreted. S/he will report directly to the Country Director and work in close coordination with the HR and Administration Manager and the Finance Manager.
Please note that the position is part-time and on consultation basis, based in Abuja. A scope of work will be determined and payments made based on level of efforts.
- Advise the Country Director and the Leadership and Management Team (LMT) on laws affecting the organization and its operation in Nigeria;
- Support in interpreting laws, rulings, and regulations that are relevant to the working of the organization;
- As and when necessary, advise and represent the organization in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters;
- Review, advise on, and negotiate, when applicable, contracts & contracts-related issues (including employment, funder, partner organization, and vendor contracts)
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents
Apply Before: 15th July 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply