EngenderHealth is recruiting to fill the positions below:
- Community Mobilization Officer
- Community Mobilization Assistant
Community Mobilization Officer Job Vacancy at EngenderHealth
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Job Code: 994
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
Report to: Deputy Project Manager, Fistula Care Plus
- Based in Sokoto , the Community Mobilization Officer will coordinate and implement community mobilization activities as well as assist with overall monitoring of community activities aimed at promoting awareness of reproductive health including obstetric fistula prevention, treatment and reintegration; maternal health, and family planning.
Under the direction of the Deputy Project Manager, the Community Mobilization Specialist will:
- Amend community mobilization strategy to reflect findings of 2016 Communications Needs Assessment conducted by FC+.
- Facilitate immediate and long-range community mobilization activities related to Fistula Care programming at multiple levels, including individual households, local leadership, grassroots organizations, local, state and national government, and other Implementing and Donor Agencies. Identify and detail community mobilization activities for inclusion in workplans and budgets, including budget estimates for planned activities
- Partner with Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to identify community groups in focal states which may include religious groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, local community organizations and NGOs, as well as private sector institutions. create awareness of obstetric fistula, its prevention, access to treatment and options for reintegration
- Supervise community activities conducted by any local community organization/NGO partners, including providing programmatic details as needed for subawards or professional service agreements and reviewing activity reports by partners
- Ensure high-quality implementation of the FC+ fistula screening and referral intervention being evaluated through the Population Council study, including development of relevant SBCC materials, oversight of community mobilization activities (mass media and community-based) in Ebonyi and Kastina, support to the interactive voice response fistula screening hotline run by VOTO mobile, and support to PHC orientation in study areas.
- Develop and coordinate community advocacy groups/champions for the project
- Supervise Community Mobilization -(Associate or Assistant?)
- Reviews and writes all community mobilization, reports, feasibility assessments, recommendations, and research in consultation with the FC+ team and with oversight from other senior project staffs
- Conduct sensitization workshops and coordinate other activities with WDCs, community leaders and groups to increase awareness about fistula prevention and treatment and to foster positive attitudes on SRHR issues
- Coordinate activities with community mobilization officers from FGON, USAID or other donor-supported projects to identify possible joint activities for implementation
- Plan and facilitate community training activities, including leading training sessions as needed
- Serve as the point person for Nigeria FC+ engagement in research with the Population Council on barriers to fistula treatment, including participation in all coordination meetings with the Population Council study team
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution in Public Health, Health Planning or related discipline.
- Five years’ experience in community engagement
- Training and SBCC materials development skills preferred
- Experience with report writing and strategy writing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with community groups, other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Computer skills with MS Word and MS Excel essential. Knowledge of software such as SPSS, Stata, MS Access, desirable.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to deal with variety of individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Ability to travel 30% to 50% time
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to conduct interviews, record and report findings and work without close supervision
Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.