Creative Associates International Inc is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Teacher Education Officer
Job Location: Bauchi
Educational Qualification: Requires a Master’s Degree in education
Years of Experience:
- At least eight years of experience in the education sector, with at least five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context.
- The candidate must demonstrate at least five years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity.
- The candidate is also responsible for some monitoring and evaluation, with at least five years’ technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results- based management.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
- The Teacher Education Officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the national and state level.
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
- Lead integrated state and LGEA, SUBEB, and SBMC working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed.
- Support the development of reading curriculum and standards in colleges of education in collaboration with NCCE and state based colleges of education.
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, and with the Reading Officer to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting.
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Reading Officer to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas.
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, M&E data, financial information, etc.
Apply Before: 20th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: [email protected]
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- If you wish to be considered for this post, please specify the position in the subject line of the email. Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.