International Medical Corps is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Health Officer
- WASH Assistant
- WASH Manager
- Health Manager
- WASH Technician
- Women’s Center Case Worker
- Wash Officer
Health Officer Job Vacancy at International Medical Corps
Job Title: Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Manager, the Health Officer will be responsible for supervision of direct implementation of the Health Field activities in the various communities/IDP camps in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- He/She will closely work with the Health team, partners, IDPs and all stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of safe Health services in the assigned area.
- Overall management and supervision of the community health volunteers/workers assigned to various communities in Maiduguri
- Ensure regular coordination with the State Ministry of Health and the State Primary Healthcare Development Agency
- Ensure an appropriate assessment of the health facilities to be supported by the MoH and document needs in terms of essential drugs supply, training and any other area that can be supported by IMC
- Work as the liaison person between IMC and the Health facilities supported by IMC through the State Ministry of Health
- Work with the Health Manager to develop and implement appropriate tools for drugs consumption monitoring in the supported health facilities
- Support the Health Manager in conducting regular supportive supervision to the supported health facilities
- Work with the Health Manager and M&E team to carry out regular assessments and draft concept notes on the health needs in target communities.
- Work with Health Manager to provide regular follow and supervision of contractors engaged in the rehabilitation of health facilities in the target communities.
- Work with Health Manager and the M&E team to design templates, construction contracts for health centres rehabilitation, and a system for monitoring the progress of works and performance of hired contractor.
- Developing a participatory community led approach for the management of rehabilitated health facilities
- Plan, organise and facilitate trainings for the health staff in the supported facilities as well as community health workers as per identified training needs.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure submission of weekly, monthly and inputs to the quarterly/donor progress reports to the Health Manager and/or project management team in a timely manner
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Nursing, or any related field
- Previous experience implementing health programs for displaced populations
- Three (3) years working experience in health programs, preferably with an INGO
- Previous experience implementing capacity building programs for health partners
- Strong skills in drugs consumption monitoring ( designing and implementing tools to this effect)
- Experience in dealing with local contractors (follow up and supervision of rehabilitation work on health facilities)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and power point),
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should be addressed to the “Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.