Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Sec Processing Analyst
- Market Operations Control Lead
- Teller – Transaction Svs. Rep
Sec Processing Analyst Job Vacancy at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Job Title: Sec Processing Analyst 2
Job ID: 16085413
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
State briefly the principal purpose of the position, its major objectives and the impact the position has on Citibank Nigeria Ltd. Processing of the following:
- FGN Trading Bonds
- FGN AFS Bonds
- GHS Trading Bonds
- FGN EURO Trading Bonds
- AMCON Bonds
- US Treasury Bonds AFS Portfolio
- Trading Treasury Bills
- AFS Treasury Bills
- Customer Investments in Bills and Bonds
- Daily Mark to Market for Bills and Bonds
- Treasury bills blotter Update
- Treasury Bills Blotter /DEPO/X daily Proof
- FGN Bonds Edealer/ DEPO/X daily reconciliation
- Tbills pledged to FIRS/NIBSS/Clearing/Zenith etc.
- Tbills/Bonds Customer Purchases
- Auction bidding
- Coupon Processing
Authorisation on the following systems:
- Money Market System
- RTGS – CBN Payment System
- S4 – CBN Securities Settlement System
List a series of brief statement s, which describe only the major activities for which this job is held accountable.
- FGN Bonds/ Treasury Bills Auction:
- Ensure bonds/bills application forms are filled correctly
- Authorize bid on S4 for new maturities introduced by CBN
- Generate letters to Central Bank in respect of the bond application for existing maturities
- Confirm Stop rate and ensure we are debited accordingly
- Post entries on flexcube
- Ensure Customers requests for Bonds are presented to CBN
- Instruct CBN on S4 to transfer Bonds to PFA Custodians
- Obtain and Update FII Security Numbers for new AFS Bond/Bills
- FGN Bonds / Treasury Bills Trading Portfolio:
- On Sale/Purchase of Bonds/Bills to counter party, ensure Trades are settled on DEPO/X on Settlement Date
- Ensure entries are passed on flexcube on Settlement dates
- Pass entries to reconcile and net-off Suspense Account.
- Confirm settled and unsettled trades from S4
- Contact counter parties for failed/unsettled deals.
- Send reports on unsettled deals to Treasury and monitor representation.
- Pass adjusting entries for failed settlements.
- Ensure confirmation letters are sent to counterparties
- Update the Treasury bills blotter and reconcile
- Reconcile the Bonds/Bills position on flexcube to S4
- Escalate discrepancies to CBN for resolution.
- US Treasury Bonds/Government of Ghana Bonds/FGN Euro Bonds:
- Handle the processing of foreign currency Bonds.
- Liaise with custodians to reconcile the bonds Portfolio using MT535
- Confirm the deals
- Follow up on FICC to update Edealer for interest accrued.
- Ensure Coupons are received when paid.
- Monitor for receipt of cash settlements for Sales and ensure transfers are done for Purchases.
- Ensure confirmation letters are printed and sent to despatch unit.
- Preparation of Regulatory Returns on Bills and Bonds
- Review PCU report on bills/bonds and take appropriate action as required.
- Send Management Reports to relevant unit
- Send Unsettled transactions report to relevant units
- Update the Treasury Monthly MIS report before the 15th of the next month.
- Reconcile Interest in suspense and PDO account balances before the 15th of the month. Escalate to relevant units and follow through for resolution of exceptions.
- Review FX profit calculations for adjustment of unrealised profit.
- Perform oversight function for the outsourced products in the unit
- Co-ordinate the monthly and quarterly surprise proofs for the unit
- Co-ordinate the MCA in the unit
- Describe the types of internal/external relationships and frequency of contract (e.g., customers, regulators, government agencies, Other Citi departments/businesses).
- Internal: RMs, GSG, Citiservice, Customer service, TTS CASH, FINANCE, OPS Control, FICC, SFS etc.
- External: CBN, NDIC, ARR, CSCS, OTHER INTERBANKS COUNTERPARTIES, FMDQ
- Describe the educational requirements, special skills or work experience required to perform this position:
- Education or (Equivalent Training): Basic College Degree.
- Experience and Training: From 5 Years
- Moderate Physical Demand
- List the biggest challenges which help describe the complexity of the operating climate.
Thinking Complexity required is high largely due to the following:
- Unstructured demands and requirements from Central Bank, CSCS, FIRS
- Authorities and other relevant agencies.
- Multiple Systems used for processing
- Some disparity between Local accounting and US GAAP
- High value of transactions
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.