Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- State Team Leader
- Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
State Team Leader Job Vacancy at MSH
Job Title: State Team Leader
Job ID: 13-9386
Location: Kebbi, Nigeria
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports To: Director, Program Implementation
- CATSS is an MSH-implemented project in Nigeria that aims at supporting State Ministries of Health and State Action Committees on AIDS (SACA) to deliver comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB services—including providing antiretroviral therapy for the hundreds of thousands of people in need in Nigeria.
- The project will scale up the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming to achieve its goals for provision of ART to 350,000 people in need by 2009, palliative care services for HIV-TB co-infected individuals, and prevention of HIV transmission from mother-to-child (PMTCT).
- The objective of the State Team Leader position is to provide overall leadership and management of the CATSS project in Kebbi state and related states/areas in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
- Spearheading coordination, implementation and reporting of the CATSS program in Kebbi State and related states.
- Ensure optimal resource management in the project.
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Lead the development of an integrated CATSS project plan for Kebbi State in collaboration with the Project Director, Director Clinical Services, Advisors and State Specialists.
- Operationalize CATSS project plan in Kebbi State ensuring efficient coordination of resources to maximize integration and synergy of program areas.
- Establish system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Support the state HMIS Officer to establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management.
- Establish a system for timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take responsibility for management of the state CATSS project budget and all other resources under the direction of Deputy Director Finance/Operations.
- Advocate and represent MSH CATSS project at the highest level in the state on matters of HIV/AIDS and TB
- Liaise and network with relevant CATSS partners and collaborators in the state to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keeps LMS senior management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility for program budget and all assets in the program.
- Responsibility over Staff: Overall responsibility for all staff in the project office
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years senior level work experience in health program management in developing countries, or equivalent.
- Previous supervision or team leader experience.
- Proven track record in managing international projects or in senior management of a large and complex project overseas.
- Demonstrated leadership and capacity to oversee USAID-funded (sub) projects.
- Understanding of USAID and field Missions; USG audiences, trends and requirements.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing support to institutions to strengthen their management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.