APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Grants Administration
Department: Grants Administration
- This position will support the Grants Administration/Compliance department to coordinate all legal activities including drafting contractual documentation, development of model form contracts and development and delivery of training/briefings in key legal areas
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates major agreements, consulting agreements, cooperative agreements, special licensing, non-disclosure agreements, donor terms and amendments for Grant Compliance & Procurement Departments
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution. Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Drafts, manages, distributes, responds to, or analyzes RFIs, RFPs, RFQs or donor terms & conditions as it relates to procurement & grant compliance
- Prepare, develop and maintain contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
- Prepare contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with organizational policies, donor requirements as well as applicable laws or regulations
- Maintaining awareness of relevant legislation, Government initiatives and any policies that will impact on the organization
- Interprets contracts and advises Grant / Procurement Departments on contractual responsibilities;
- Translate complex commercial/legal documents into simple plain language for ease of understanding by non-legal professionals
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- LLB, BL and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting agreements in a standard organisation, preferably in an international CDC/USAID funded.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.