Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Laboratory
Job Reference: 1326
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
Function: Operations & Production
- The Head of Laboratory is responsible for the management of all laboratory operations to support quality control and ensure supplies received and distributed are of the right specification.
- Candidate must comply with the statutory requirement and ensure the use of standard test procedures for accuracy.
Laboratory Operations Management:
- Manage all activities of the laboratory
- Develop and implement quality assessment plan
- Conversant with handling, testing, storage and distribution of various petroleum fuel
- Ensure all statutory test analysis are carried out within the stipulated time frames.
- Drive reduction in turnaround time without compromising test quality
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all laboratory testing and analysis
- Ensure routine daily test analysis are carried out before commencement of operations or daily loading for onward distribution
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the laboratory work area
- Ensure safe handling of equipment and apparatus
- Initiate, supervise and manage Quality Control and Assurance processes across the company facilities for Fuels and Aviation Terminals
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Ensure that all products received meet local and international specifications; undertake quality checks and prepare release and other appropriate documentation and reports
- Liaise with third party inspectors and regulatory authorities on product recertification
- Prepare quality control reports and documents for management as required
- Communicate, implement and monitor new product quality standards and ensure that up-to-date laboratory test methods and processes are in use
- Ensure that only calibrated equipment and devices are used in the laboratory
Technical support & advisory:
- Provide laboratory testing support for use in the resolution of customer complains and in providing after sales support customer
- Monitor proposed related legislation and regulations and provide advice on implication to business operations and objectives.
- Create and strengthen awareness of quality issues across all departments
Team Leadership & Management:
- Lead and manage the laboratory team and its activities
- Facilitate team development; manage performance
- Perform other duties assigned
- Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standard bodies (e.g. SON, DPR, FMEnv and other Government agencies etc)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies of the industry in the review, amendments etc of Nigeria Industrial Standards on products and services including but not limited to fuels.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with safe work practices and standards.
- Ensures all laboratory personnel adhere strictly to company’s HSE policy
- Manage effluent waste handling, testing and evacuation where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field. A postgraduate degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ petroleum testing laboratory experience in an oil and gas company using standard testing procedures and specifications.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques; test and sampling procedures; handling and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of various petroleum products and their characteristics; ability to interpret results of petroleum analysis
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Laboratory Safety Practices
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Managerial skills
- Relationship Management
- Available to work weekends
- Occasional travel may be required
- Physically fit with ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb overhead storage tanks, good sight.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online