SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria – In 1970, after three years of civil war, Hermann Gmeiner visited Nigeria on the invitation of the “National Council of Women Society” (NCWS) and gained an insight on the needs of the population, particularly those of the children. After several meetings with concerned individuals of the country, the SOS Children’s Village Committee under the leadership of Mrs. Awoliyi was founded; this made it possible to raise the necessary funds for the construction of an SOS Children’s Village in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Next Economy Youth Coach
Location: Abuja / Lagos
- The overview of the job role is to support the planning (including budgeting), implementation, and monitoring of the Next Economy Programme activities, in accordance with the organisation’s policies, strategies, and available resources.
- He/she will develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth, work with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance, mentoring and counselling for young people to acquire the skills that meet the demands of the labour market and guide them during internships towards a ‘decent job’ or in starting up a promising business as an entrepreneur
- Strengthen youth social skills and facilitate access to youth employment
- Coaching and support youth in identifying strengths and interests and to set SMART goals for success
- Provide social skills groups and provide case management services, including referrals to support youth and in developing stability and self-sufficiency.
- Support in development of sustainable youth business in coordination with the business incubation Hubs and the Programme development and strategy team
- Support in Youth capacity development and annual self-assessment, for project impact
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Youth and Community Development or related fields
- At least 4 years’ experience in youth development work
- Experience in guidance and counselling of young people
- 3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and/or small-medium enterprises [SMEs] or self- employments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth and multi- disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated success in working with youth, particularly in group settings
- Demonstrated effective communication
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online