AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation For AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria.
AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings. AHF-Nigeria currently operates in states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra and supports 62 clinic sites country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Req No: 2017-6406
Location: Cross River
Category: Healthcare Center Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
- If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
- Participates in planning and overseeing support supervision activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
- Provides basic laboratory services for CD4 tests and other tests as required;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors( outside contractors), and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Conducts quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in all labs and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers;
- Participates in training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for all sites;
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experiences
- AIMLS, BMLS
- Experience with handling semi or fully automated machines a must;
- A minimum of three years experiences in a similar position.
- Must poses a valid license to practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or other people.
Certificates, Licences, Registrations:
- Duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientists’ Council and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time;
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues;
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS laboratory management,
- Ability to prepare reports, provide team leadership and guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online