Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading FMCG company with branches across the nation, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Supply Chain
Job Reference: 1333
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Supply chain
- This position will be responsible for translating the sales forecast into a supply plan for manufacturing execution to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods according to requirements.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Leading the demand and supply management processes and ensuring that they are in line with the agreed business targets.
- Develop supply plan based on sales forecast and manufacturing constraints.
- Ensure the adherence to operations standards for Supply Planning.
- Ensuring demand forecasting data generated in finance, marketing and sales with support of the Country Head.
- Ensuring demand analysis and consumption tracking is carried out on behalf of the business.
- Support launches and new products supply set ups
- Pricing negotiations for (TPC, SPR requests) private and tenders pricing
- Support new markets development
- Responsible for measuring forecasting accuracy and feeding trends to marketing.
- Facilitate best practice sharing/standardized processes.
- Monitor and improve Global SCM KPI’s for country/region (such as PA, Sales Forecast Accuracy, stock out, write-off).
- Identify, kick-off and support SC projects to improve the regional performance.
- Process owner and Expert of dedicated supply chain and forecasting processes to ensure process adherence within supply chain and related functions.
- Work with manufacturing team on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods inventory according to scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Optimize inventory/supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring satisfaction of customer orders.
- Support and participation in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply/capacity constraints.
- Implementation, support as well as training of new tools within the region (e.g. NRC). Ensure proper tool usage in operational environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related Degree
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with management, peers, subordinates and customers
- Results Orientation – ability to create better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are possible and can be replicated.
- Significant cross-functional leadership capabilities – ability to lead, collaborate and influence without authority; uses informal structure, dynamics and culture to get things done. Pharmaceutical cross-functional knowledge (Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Analytical and problem resolution skills. Ability to anticipate and detect supply issues and lead the prompt resolution to minimize or negate market impact.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective collaboration with all constituencies is critical to the success of this position
- SAP ECC/APO MRP/SNP experience is a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma background desired.
- Execute key strategies
- Manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Think critically and perform multi-scenario and complex tasks
- Function in a controlled/regulated environment and handle restricted, confidential, private and personal information
- Able to summarize information concisely and communicate using the appropriate tools.
- Be a hands-on team leader and player willing to work in an environment where initiative, accountability, and professional maturity are required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online