Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GIS Engineer
Job Type: Contract
- Pre-Project studies for Survey and GIS related jobs for both Onshore and Offshore Locations: 1.1 Desk top study for site assessment using base maps, satellites imageries, etc 1.2 Site visits and issue reports.
- Design and propose location of sampling points for HSE studies both onshore and offshore locations
- Maintain and update of offshore geospatial data in the SDE for the publication of interactive web based map
- Maintain the database for all affiliate geopetroluem structures installed onshore and offshore
- Chopper aerial survey for emergency situations both onshore and offshore locations
- Project Documentations, create and maintain perpetual link to archived geocodinated datasets in PRODOM for visualization in interactive web base portal
- Project surveyor for GIS field activities both for onshore and offshore sites
- Responsible for QA/QC of GIS spatial data acquired onshore and offshore in line with Group Standards
- Maintain database of GIS and survey operation within TOTAL in line with HQ rules.
- Ensure and promote the application of the Company HSE rules and specifications
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards of the rules, stopping the works if they are deemed unsafe, and organizing tool-box meetings and recovery plans
- Promote safety culture within Company personnel and contractors as well as the reporting of anomalies
- Ensure and monitor the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the
- Pursue within his team the HSE objectives defined by his line management.
Services to be performed:
- Perform various onshore and offshore surveys, GIS based applications, update the SDE’s using data acquired from cadastral, aerial & satellite based techniques and ensure that the processes are adhered, to achieve desired results.
- Prepare various interactive maps according to demand and make such available to the user entities
- Prepare maps for all HSE and other entities for field studies both onshore and offshore
- Lead the team for positioning of HSE sampling points on onshore and offshore locations
- Participate in QA/QC of the acquired GIS field databases
- Assist other user entities achieve set targets — based on Survey and Geomatics technical requirements
- Participate in HSE, technical and commercial evaluation of contractors to select viable contractor for geomatics project mobilisation/execution.
- Maintain and keep updated offshore installation and PHC data sets
- Project Surveyor on offshore surveys for barge move and positioning
- Prepare and issue interactive maps using ArcGIS tools.
- B.Sc in Survey and Geomatics with 5 years’ plus cognitive experience in Survey and Geomatics in O&G industry.
- Good knowledge on ArcGIS and related software
- Good spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online