Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer – mHealth
Job Type: 15 months fixed term contract
- Under the supervision of the Senior NTD Programme Manager the position will provide support for mHealth, NTD monitoring, surveillance, operations research activities across funded Sighteavers Nigeria Country programmes.
- The post-holder will also support the implementation of routine surveys and assessments like treatment coverage surveys, impact assessment Data Quality Assessment making use of standardized databases and tools of Health
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance on the use of the integrated NTD database. WHO supported information systems, and other global tools for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of high quality data, where appropriate;
- Asist in providing capacity building for M&E at NTDs, including data collection, NTD mapping, data quality assessments, treatment coverage surveys, assessment of disease transmission anti evaluation of NTD programme impact in conjunction with programme teams and national programme;
- Assist in the conduct of operational research endeavours, documentation and evidence to guide innovative approaches to NTD programme interventions xi collaboration with external partners and Sightsavers.
- Degree in public health, Epidemiology and Statistics or other related field
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programmes
- Experience in design and programming of mHeaith surveys and applications
- Experience in data analysis using Stata, SPSS, EpInto, and other Statistical Packages
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to influence high-level government officials and NGO leaders
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans,
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to deliver group training sessions.
- The salary for this role will be based on local terms and conditions
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download an Application Pack below(Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities form as two separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- That due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgements for submitted applications.
- We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview.
- If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion