Clement Ashley Consulting – Our client, an Investor who wants to start a chain of supermarkets in one territory and expand nationally, is looking for the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resource
Ref No : HRM 2017
- To articulate, drive and communicate the HR Vision of the board throughout the organization and motivate staff to meet and achieve corporate objectives efficiently while maximizing staff retention.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain HR functions, HR policies, and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a change champion encouraging staff to key in to the vision of the board as espoused by the CEO.
- Formulates HR policies and procedures and implement thereafter for recruitment, testing, placement, classification, on-boarding, orientation, talent management, human capital development, performance management, appraisal, compensation and benefits, and labour and industrial relations.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff relating to recruitment, testing, placement, classification, on-boarding, orientation, talent management, human capital development, performance management, appraisal, compensation and benefits, and labour and industrial relations etc.
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of HR Policies.
- Analyses compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop competitive compensation plan in compliance with legal requirements.
- Develops methods to improve employment policies, processes, and practices and recommends changes to management.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Prepares monthly payroll and administers PAYE and other mandatory deductions in line with relevant legislation.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and reports to corporate officers or other management regarding human resource management policies and practices and recommendations for change.
- Negotiates bargaining agreements and resolves labour disputes (where applicable).
- Meets with shop stewards and supervisors to resolve grievances.
- Administers the performance and appraisal management system.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination and writes separation notices.
- Plans and conducts new and ongoing employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Writes directives advising department managers of organization policy in personnel matters.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Maintains personnel and HR Information records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyses statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with vendors to provide employee services, such as canteen, transportation, or relocation service.
- Liaises with regulatory authorities with respect to employee regulatory compliance.
- Investigates industrial accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Must have excellent health record.
- At least 35 years of age but not more than 50 years of age.
- Excellent spoken and written English, ability to understand English spoken with a foreign accent.
- Excellent spoken Igbo and at least intermediate written Igbo language skills
- HND/B.Sc in Social Sciences, Management or Engineering. CIPM qualification would be an added advantage
- At least ten years’ experience as Head of HR in a fast growing company preferably in the FMCG sector.
- Experience relating with expatriate supervisors or CEO’s who have English as a second or third language is very important
Skills & Attributes:
- Punctual, Must be highly visionary and strategic thinking/planning ability,
- Strong team building ability,
- Entrepreneurial skills and ability with an ownership mindset,
- Creative, Maverick, Detail oriented, Future minded, Proactive, Managerial and leadership skills,
- Good understanding of FMCG pay structure,
- Good interpersonal skills and persuasive power to motivate people,
- Articulate with excellent communication skills, Self Confidence, Relationship management, Marketing / Sales skills, Negotiation skills,
- Computer literacy and Understanding of the use of the balanced scorecard for performance management.
Excellent Salary and Remuneration package between 5million and 8million NGN per annum
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a soft copy of Application, CV and Plan of Action by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with the Job Reference and your name in the subject bar of your email
Note: Please call 08080642478 after completing the above if you do not receive an immediate auto-response with further instructions.