Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states. YAF’s mission is to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities and protect their basic human rights. YAF seeks to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Media Coordinator
- YAF is recruiting a digital media coordinator based in Abuja to generate and manage all digital information, including web portal, blogs, social media and websites, for the organization.
- We are looking for a special person with skills in digital marketing and public relations, plus technological savvy to join our team.
- The Digital Media Coordinator will use strong creative skills and a marketing focus to implement digital marketing campaigns and strategies across various channels that support and advance YAF’s mission.
- Coordinates production of digital marketing materials utilizing multiple channels.
- Primary liaison to internal staff for all digital marketing needs, coordinating with internal teams as necessary to prioritize work, generate and follow production schedules, produce digital marketing materials and monitor budget parameters.
- Grows and retains an active follower base across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Developing additional online dialog opportunities.
- Production of eNewsletter, eAlerts and other electronic communications.
- Content management for websites, social media pages and other online communications channels.
- Monitors and facilitates online dialog with constituents in the community.
- Creates and shares online content including text, HTML, images and video.
- Works with YAF staff to expand posting of curated web and social media materials for donors, partners, our constituents, and the public at large.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that content of all digital materials meets established objectives.
- Intermediate-level graphic design and web content management.
- Should have professional-level writing, basic photography and design.
- Learns and applies current advances in software, trends, technology and processes.
- Contribute creative ideas and innovative solutions to support YAF’s work.
- 3-5 years of digital marketing and social media experience within a company or nonprofit organization workplace;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Corel Draw, HTML, and Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency utilizing email marketing software and online content management systems (WordPress or similar).
Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate for this Job should the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to provide leadership for multiple digital channels including web, mobile, email, search engine optimization and social media.
- Excellent organizational skills with solid attention to detail and strong follow-through are required.
- Ability to get results, manage multiple tasks and work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience producing digital marketing campaigns utilizing multiple channels.
- Solid oral and written communications skills, ability to analyze, think critically and to explain alternatives clearly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad group of constituents.
- Ability to handle confidential, proprietary and sensitive information requiring judgment and discretion.
- Ability to manage a team of support staff
- Strong project management skills, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing concepts, search engine optimization and analytics.
- Self-starter with decision-making abilities.
- Experience in the NGO / Civil Society Sector is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page suitability statement on why they are a good fit for the job and a Resume with referees’ contact details by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com Subject line of emails must clearly state the “Job Title” of position applied for.
- The job requires an immediate start.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
- Only Electronically submitted applications via email will be entertained
- YAF encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.