School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Procurement
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Reporting Line: Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Managing Director (MD)
Work Schedule: Mondays – Fridays, 8am – 5pm ; occasionally on Public Holidays
- As the Head of Procurement, you are to manage Inventory- sourcing, purchase and distribution- , outlets stocking/ destocking, local and overseas vendor payment, finances – exchange rates and costing, and suppliers’ engagement.
- You are to oversee the planning and adherence to delivery timetables
- You are to monitor stock levels to ensure the retail outlets have enough stock per time.
- You are to oversee the ordering and tracking process to ensure goods arrive at the destinations
- You are to oversee the arrival and pick of goods from designated freight companies.
- You are to source inventory from both overseas and local vendors as demands arise.
- You are to analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- You are to document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- You need to identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert old stock to by-products.
- You are to meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production demands or changes.
- You are to foster, maintain and improve business relationships with the Company’s suppliers
- You are to negotiate prices, exchange rates and terms with the Company’s suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- You are to ensure suppliers have required stock to meet demand and ensure the timely delivery of orders.
- You are to follow up with the accounts department on local and overseas vendor payment
- You are to define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- An HND/B.Sc in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Sourcing.
- A Masters degree and/or a professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in the e-commerce industry.
- A female candidate will be preferred.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks usage for inventory management, analysis
- Excellent attention to Details
- Strong Leadership: You must be able to lead and motivate the retail team
- Communication: excellent communication and people skills is very essential
- Customer service: Customers pay the bills. You must have a strong commitment to customers and ensure you get familiar with them on name basis as much as you can
- Familiarization: it’s very important you and your team are very familiar with the Company’s Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) and display prices, functions and value proposition for the client and alternative products
- Decision making ability: It’s very important you are fully informed about the company’s policy and retail guidelines, to enable you make/ advise on decisions as it concerns the business
- Responsibility: You must develop a sense of responsibility towards all company property- items for sale, generator, water supply, environment cleaning, refuse disposal, furniture and shop fittings, computers and accessories
- Ability to work under pressure especially during the peak period and handle challenging situations
- Personal attributes: Confident, Self-driven and Enthusiastic
- Excellent prioritization and organizational abilities
- Ability to consistently and independently problem solve and achieve objectives
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in both individual and team environments
- Prompt in responsiveness to subordinates’ needs
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com