We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: ESS Specialist
- To co-ordinate the entire operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical systems at MTNN installations (Network sites, Switch centre and BTS/TX) within the assigned region and provide 2nd level support to regional operations team.
- Ensure that power and cooling system parameters at MTNN installations and leased property within the region are within MTNN specifications.
- Ensure spare power capacity is available for redundancy and future installations and provide 2nd level support to regional operations in assigned areas/ region.
- Maintain optimal performance of all cooling and power systems within the region.(Swicth & BTS).
- Conduct routine maintenance of all power and cooling systems at MTNN installations and leased property within assigned area and ensure they are within MTN Specifications.
- Maintain prescribed computerized maintenance management system and prescribed management information system for ESS operations in the region.
- Produce monthly reports on ESS activities within the region.
- Assist to direct the implementation and maintenance of efficient management information system for ESS operations in the assigned region.
- Coordinate data gathering for the duration of NEPA (Local Power Source) power outages, power consumptions for the rural and urban BTS/TX sites including the switching centres within the assigned region.
- Monitor maintenance contracts for regional contractors.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency of ESS operations within the assigned region.
- Ensure value is created from Customer engagement & Operations
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Tool of trade provided
- National and International travel and a valid driver’s license.
- Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of power and cooling systems in telecommunications industry
- Leadership Development Programmes
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online