Fulton McNaire Investments is a full-service real estate company serving the Nigerian Region. FMI is able to offer its clients comprehensive professional brokerage, leasing, development, consulting, property management, and construction management services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager/Supervisor
- We are a new agro-allied company currently seeking an experienced Farm Manager/Supervisor to join our team. Reporting directly to the chief executive officer, you will take full accountability for the management of day-to-day operations on our farm holdings, while coordinating the ongoing activates of a diverse team of farm hands. This is a hands-on position, with an emphasis on attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
The farm supervisor will among other things:
- Serve as the farm head on all farm holdings on the company portfolio
- Supervise the activities of the farm workers ensuring that they carry out their responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attends to daily request for operational effectiveness
- Supervise cultivation activities on the farm and report directly to the CEO daily.
- Prepares daily, weekly & monthly Reports for crop management
- Advise management on cropping for fast revenue generation
- Helps to determine soil use and rotation of crops.
- Prepares Monthly Financial Report
- Supervise any ongoing project on any of our farms. (Starting with Cassava Cultivation on a commercial scale, but as time goes on we may branch out to other crops). Therefore, somebody with a vast knowledge in the cultivation of multiple crops would be preferred.
- Be responsible for more than one farm. Currently we have 2 large farm holdings in Ogun state and Oyo state (about 150 hectares each), He/She will be responsible for both farms.
- Will be required to keep-track-of and maintain our other agricultural lands that are currently not in use, thereby ensuring that it is not encroached upon.
- Will be the direct link and representative of the CEO on his farm holdings.
- We understand the importance of a constant presence at the farm especially during cultivation, so the farm supervisors’ primary purpose is to be on the farm managing the farms, ensuring that all goes well during cultivation and afterwards.
- B.Sc in Agriculture or Its equivalent and major in Soil Science & Crop Production or any related discipline.
- A background in Survey is an added advantage
- At least minimum of 3-5 years experience in similar position.
- Applicants must be able to prepare budgets and forecasts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation techniques
- Good communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Diversity management skills
- Team work/team player
- An attractive salary package.
- Excellent reward for productivity and diligence.
- Accommodation will be provided if/when necessary.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the mail as “FMI Farm Manager/ Supervisor 2017”
Note: Only selected candidates who met the requirements will be contacted for further interview.