The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Liaise with Project Manager to ensure that activities are completed on time within budget and meet quality standard which will include developing and implementing plans for monitoring project progress as well as scheduling project meetings;
- Establish and maintain project management information system;
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of task, schedules and resources needed;
- Monitor project adherence to the funding requirements;
- Track expenditure and report the status of the project budget monthly;
- Plan for resources needed to support project implementation and assist with procurement of required items in consultation with IITA supply chain unit;
- Assist with project in technical and financial reporting to the donor;
- Manage project support team member;
- Manage the project office and ensure efficient travel and other arrangement for project meetings and workshop;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences or related field with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
- Project management qualification (e.g Prince 2 or Microsoft Project) and demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience in working with government, multilateral and bilateral development agencies and civil society organization.
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring and project activity monitoring.
- Experience in supervising support teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines for various activities.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks, paying keen attention to details.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (French language ability will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional and multi-cultural environment.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
- conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching their Cover Letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)