Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Reports To: Director, Finance and Operations
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Directly Supervises: Head Systems Admin/Support, Manager – ICT Business Services, Head Infrastructure Engineering
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Purpose of Position
- To provide world class leadership in the management and provision of ICT.
- The LBS CIO is required to lead with a strong business mindset and will be responsible for using technology to drive the implementation of LBS short and long term goals, anticipate trends in the use of technology in work and in learning, and lead the institution in the direction of such trends.
- It will be his/her responsibility to position LBS to lead its industry on the basis of its edge in technology.
- He/she will also ensure the implementation of adequate risk management and information security systems to secure the organisations tangible and intangible assets.
- The incumbent will be expected to possess excellent relationship skills and demonstrate strong creativity in performing the responsibilities of the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulate LBS information and technology strategy in line with the school’s short and long term goals.
- Implement systems to optimize LBS employee efficiency and productivity.
- Efficiently manage the LBS IT investments to deliver tangible value and superior ROI.
- Optimise, manage and secure LBS IT infrastructure.
- Implement adequate information security systems, policies and processes for the organisation.
- Ensure effective management of team members to deliver tasks and projects on time and on budget as well as the effective management of their careers.
- Optimise vendor relationships to the benefit of LBS.
Qualifications for the role
- A Degree in any discipline is a basic requirement without bias for field of study, however the following attributes are essential:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Evidence of having solved significant organizational problems using technology.
- Evidence of continuous learning and engagement with technology and technology professional.
- Deep knowledge of technology and technological trends
- Strong business analysis skills
- Commercial awareness: ability to make decisions based on sound ROI analysis, strong negotiation skills, ability to manage a budget, etc.
- Strong leadership and relationship skills.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com