Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel throughout the northeast states (Adamawa, Borno, Gombe and Yobe) and periodic trips to Abuja.
- Global Communities is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Nigeria Rural Resilience program. With external and internal factors creating an increasingly dynamic and challenging environment, the program is expected to focus on increasing the resilience of vulnerable, mostly rural, households to shocks and stress.
- This position is contingent on funding.
- The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall technical and managerial leadership of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the agreement. S/he reports to the Chief of Party.
- The Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for managing all field operations under the overall direction of the Chief of Party.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall project oversight, including: technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management of the project;
- Ensuring that technical components are properly executed, responsive to changing program requirements, and results-oriented.
- Supervision and/or mentoring of project staff,
- Conducting regular site visits to observe project progress, validate data and obtain feedback from participants and stakeholders,
- Managing project expenditures in-line with the budget and donor and organizational policies and requirements, and
- Representing the project and organization at technical meetings and with stakeholders (other NGOs, government officials, etc.).
- Promoting Global Communities’ values (purposeful, committed, genuine, and connected) and ensuring that all project staff demonstrate these values.
- Education Requirements: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to International Development, Livestock, Agriculture, Business, Economics, or related field of study;
- Minimum seven years of experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict;
- Senior level experience managing a donor project of similar size and scope including supervisory experience.
- Knowledge/Experience with USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of how to effectively carry out technical assistance activities at the local level with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues;
- Prior experience with experience in Nigeria or West Africa preferred;
- Significant experience ensuring programs include and benefit vulnerable and marginalized populations (e.g. women, elderly, individuals with disabilities, the very poor);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required
- Strong skills in Hausa and Kanuri preferred
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.