Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Deputy Project Manager
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The Nutrition Deputy Project Manager will be based in Damasak, Borno State and report to the Nutrition Project Manager.
- The Nutrition Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for leading and supervising nutrition and health activities at all stages of the project management cycle.
- He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other Deputy Project Managers.
- He/she will ensure the completion of all defined activities by the Nutrition and Health team while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations.
- The Nutrition DPM also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
The successful candidate will;
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Pharmacy or Public Health Degree in a field related to Nutrition & Health and or training/courses specific to Nutrition and Health in emergency contexts.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in working with CMAM, IYCF and other health related programs.
- Be Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Have human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Have excellent organization skills, attention to detail, time management and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have strong capacity to represent Action Against Hunger and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Have excellent Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, planning and organizational skills).
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Have experience of working within humanitarian sector and context.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online