At TACADE Consulting, we continually aim at being Africa’s most honored and respected provider of best practices in consultancy, which will be absorbed globally through the empowerment of individuals and organizations in attaining more effectiveness through the provision of practical guidance, contents and qualifications that has been sieved from real life experience and developmental practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the Managing Partner
- As a Personal Assistant (PA) you will work closely with the CEO to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. You will help the CEO to make the best use of his time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks. You will need to know who key personnel are (both external and internal) and understand the organization’s aims and objectives.
- It will be helpful you know that CEO’s often rely heavily on their PA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes for your success as PA.
As a PA, you will often act as the CEO’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization. Tasks are likely to include:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
In addition to supporting the CEO, their team and departments, as a PA you also have your own personal workload and responsibilities. The scope of the PA’s role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of the manager’s responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Deputizing for the manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager’s absence;
- Being involved in decision-making processes.
- This area of work is open to all graduates with a degree in business or management and IT may increase your chances. Foundation degree is possible as personal qualities, experience and general office skills are typically considered more important. GCSE English and mathematics (or equivalent) are standard entry requirements for many positions.
- A qualification in IT may also be required. Candidate should not be more than 40 years old.
Skills In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent word processing and it skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work on your own initiative;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org