Poise Auto Clinic is the Vehicles Repair, Maintenance and Servicing arm of Poise Cars Nigeria (a 360-degree Auto Company offering One-stop platform for Auto Sales, Auto Repairs, Auto Maintenance, Auto Servicing and Auto Branding with the vision to be Nigeria’s Most Trusted Auto Sales and Servicing Platform)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Automotive Mechanic/Technician
- We are growing! Our Automobile Clinic service center in Lagos has immediate opening for reliable Senior Automotive Mechanics/Technicians to join our team.
- We operate one of the finest and most efficient repair shops in Nigeria, and we require excellence of our devoted staff.
- We believe in taking care of our people. Each automotive technician must have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimum service.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspects and diagnoses mechanical and electrical malfunctions in Vehicles
- Repairs and replaces defective or worn parts and accessories.
- Performs preventive maintenance work, lubrication and inspection on automobiles
- Performs major and minor engine tune-ups
- Also overhauls engines, transmissions, differentials, front ends, steering gears and braking systems.
- Installs emergency equipment on patrol vehicles.
- Operates diagnostic equipment and evaluates readings.
- Diagnose auto/truck air conditioners and repairs.
- Repairs brakes and related components and repairs tires and tubes.
- Responds to service calls.
- Picks up and delivers automotive parts and supplies.
- Automotive Technician
- Between 3 and 20 years of experience as automotive mechanic.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, at the time of appointment.
- Must be resident in Lagos
- Theory, operation and repair of internal combustion engines, automatic and manual transmissions, electrical systems, chassis, brakes, cooling systems and other automotive components
- Tools, materials, equipment and methods used in the overhaul, repair, and adjustment of automotive and motorized equipment.
- Hydraulic valves and control and braking systems, and electronic ignition.
- Lubricating systems, oils, greases, tools and attachments used in lubricating gas vehicles and related equipment.
- Methods used in electric-arc and acetylene welding.
- Safe work practices.
- Inspect automotive and other power-driven equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Recognize mechanical problems by sight and sound.
- Perform minor and major mechanical repairs on County equipment.
- Use a variety of power hand-tools, diagnostic equipment, shop equipment with skill and safety.
- Keep basic records.
- Read and write at the level required for successful job performance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with others.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Cut, reform, and fabricate parts using welders and shop equipment.
- Ability to repair equipment located in confined areas.
- Inspect, adjust, repair and fully understand the purpose/function of vehicle emission control systems.
- Several years solid work experience with diagnostics skills, electrical troubleshooting and repair and general automotive repair on foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with manufacturer guidelines
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems including: engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc.
- Provide labor and time estimates for automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology
- Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to work independently
- We offer a stable work environment, competitive remuneration, and flexible working conditions
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org