Plan International is an independent global child rights organisation committed to supporting vulnerable and marginalized children and their communities to be free from poverty. By actively connecting committed people with powerful ideas, we work together to make positive, deep-rooted and lasting changes in children and young people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Coordinator
Reports to: MERL Manager
- This position will provide M&E technical coordination and support for the implementation of the Integrated Micronutrient Project in Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina and Zamfara states to ensure the provision and delivery of quality Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) for pregnant women and Zinc Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) to children with diarrhea respectively.
- In line with International best practices and relevant guidelines the position will ensure the operationalization of effective and appropriate systems and processes for measuring impact, learning and prode regular and timely reports of the project. Will contribute to compliance to donor requirements. Ensure gender mainstreaming in the project implementation cycle.
- Programme development & Quality Management In collaboration with the Field Team, Programmes Development Advisor, team leads and sector
Specialists, the M&E Coordinator will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the IFAS and Zinc Program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, tool development, assessments, and all aspects of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of staff and local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by proving written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Prove coordination and supervision on M&E to ensure technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Coordinate evaluation/research/survey efforts, to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and prove feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Ensure that all project establish and maintain community feedback mechanisms
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and record keeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public
- and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Ensure teams are meeting up with reporting deadlines
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Implement all relevant IFAS and Zinc MERL actities
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Shares information within the project team about M&E findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the project team about M&E approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among programmes teams and supports such processes
- Participates in national, regional networks and meeting as requested.
- Resource Mobilization
- Support resource mobilization efforts of proposal writing and related engagement.
- Dealing with Problems
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues.
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, cases to the CO MERL Manager for consideration.
Level of Contact with Children:
- The job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have medium to low contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for health serve delivery systems including the DHIS, CHMIS etc.
- Strong PM&E knowledge and skills
- Skills in digital data collection and management
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel both within and outside the country
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org