Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The job description of a head chef requires candidates who can delegate tasks effectively, as well as solve problems and address issues efficiently in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable in food preparation and cooking tasks.
- Head chefs direct and facilitate the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of all food stuffs for a restaurant or any other food-serving facility;
- Plans, prices, and executes the menu; and otherwise oversees the operation of the kitchen.
- Develops menus.
- Develops recipes and standard techniques for food preparation in order to ensure food consistency and quality.
- Remains up to date on new techniques and trends in dining to ensure currency in kitchen food preparation standards.
- Delegates tasks to chefs, cooks, and other personnel to ensure the economical and technically correct preparation of all food items.
- Tracks kitchen expenses.
- Coordinates with food service manager to create and monitor the budget.
- Prepares or directly monitors the preparation of technically difficult dishes.
- Supervises preparation to minimize wastage.
- Assesses operation to ensure all rules and regulations for health, sanitation, and safety are followed.
- Develops training for food preparation personnel in order to safeguard against kitchen accidents.
- Provides on-the-job and professional development training for food preparation personnel.
- Keeps up to date with local, seasonal ingredients and plans menus around them.
- Works to help market the business with the creation of ‘specials’ and unique dishes.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc or its equivalent.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and positively in order to manage a crew of kitchen staff.
- Is able to produce large amounts of food effectively and in a short period of time.
- Has organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow schedules for the entire kitchen crew.
- Is knowledgeable on food production and food service managing.
- Has well developed interpersonal skills for negotiating with co-workers and restaurant owners as well as for handling customers
- Extensive professional culinary experience is required, which can be obtained through internship programs and apprenticeships.
- Strong knowledge of administration, management, and human resources is also necessary.
- Inclusive of these stated above, It’s important that successful candidates for the position have the following:
- Strong Personality.
- Mature Disposition.
- Quality Leadership Skills.
- Knowledge of Retail Operations (FMCG).
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org