Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
- The Director of Works shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for works services in the University.
- The candidate for the post of Director of Works must exhibit a high degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for running the Directorate of Works Services in the University.
- The candidate must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), particularly in Computer Aided Designs and Control.
- The candidate must be energetic and at appointment possess good health to be able to accommodate the rigours of the Works Services Department.
- The overall control of the Works Department, maintenance of physical plants, equipment and public utilities in the University.
- Effective supervision of buildings, fixtures and construction sites.
- Advising the Management and Governing Council appropriately on Works Services.
- Control of Works budget
- Effective and result oriented supervision of staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have a good honours Degree in Engineering, preferably Civil or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- He must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Council for the Regulation of Engineering etal.
- Possession of a higher Degree in relevant field of specialization will be an added advantage.
- He must be literate with demonstrable skills in computer Aided designs
- The candidate must have at least eighteen (18) years post qualification experience and must be an officer not below the rank of Deputy Director of Works in a University or similar Institution.
- The candidate must not be more than sixty years at the time of appointment.
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service as applicable to a non-teaching Director on CONUNASS 15
- shall apply as determined by the Governing Council for such appointment in the University system.
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure offour (4) years.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae with copies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae shall be compiled as follows:
- Name in full, surname first.
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent contact address
- Current contact address if different from address above
- Marital status
- Number of children with age
- State of origin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates
- Working experience
- Present employment including current salary
- Extra curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Applications should be submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University,
- Candidates must ask the Referees to write confidential report on them and forward it to the Vice Chancellor Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- The application must be marked at the top left of the envelope, “Director of Works”.