We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social & Behavioral Change Innovations Advisor
Proposed Start: 1st Quarter 2018
Work Authorization: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the US and/or local country of job
- All team members play an active role on multiple projects across several domains at once. Diagnosing behavioral problems and designing behaviorally-informed interventions and products is integral to what we do. Given the startup nature of the organization, this is a rare opportunity for someone to experience and build the world’s premier behavioral research and design firm as an in-country expert.
- This Advisor will lead key activities with overall responsibility for social and behavioral change (SBC) implementation.
- S/he will possess both deep applied experience in SBC, and demonstrated abilities in leadership; strategic thinking; application of best practices, gender integration and innovations in SBC.
- This role will be focused primarily on projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, based in Nigeria or Rwanda with other potential locations for consideration. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage field projects across all stages and aspects of ideas42’s applied methodology including but not limited to problem definition, behavioral diagnosis, intervention design, implementation, monitoring, and impact evaluation;
- Cultivate relationships with a broad base of health system and development sector stakeholders: government, NGOs, implementing partners, and private sector partners;
- Serve as the day-to-day principle liaison for stakeholders and project partners and ideas42 project teams;
- Coordinate activities to improve alignment of SBC and supply-side programming;
- Provide strategic direction for SBC programming, while proactively engaging and convening a broad range of partners and implementers in advancing the practice of SBC in country;
- Develop full-scale project plans, structure and timelines;
- Assist/lead primary and secondary research such as surveys, interviews, and literature reviews;
- Contribute to knowledge management and dissemination of SBC programs in-country internally with consortium partners as well as with external stakeholders;
- Facilitate and support project execution for ideas42 project teams.
Who Are We Looking For
- Much of our work hinges on our ability to ask the right questions. As a result, we seek inquisitive, resourceful, analytical individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion for understanding human behavior, pursuing innovation, and promoting the social good is critical, but prior expertise or training in behavioral economics or psychology is not required.
- Master’s or equivalent plus 8 years OR Bachelor’s with 10 or more years of relevant work experience
- Proven ability to effectively engage partners, including host country government personnel and U.S. government agencies
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; Culturally aware with significant exposure to diverse cultures
- Available and willing to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (up to 50%)
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output
- Record of academic excellence
- Smart, logical and structured thinkers, who are also creative
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience designing and managing integrated or multi-health area SBC activities
- Master’s or other advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, and/or social and behavioral science
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, and translating accordingly in French, Swahili, or other languages
- A background in strategy, marketing, or product management & client-facing experience is a plus
- Experience living in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of Stata or R
Competitive within the non-profit industry
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online