A reputable state licensed microfinance bank with Head Office in central Lagos requires suitable candidates for the role highlighted below:
Job Title: Head, Credit Risk Management Department
- The role of the Head, Credit Risk Management is to ensure that the bank maintains a healthy and efficient risk asset portfolio through the implementation of the bank’s credit policy in line with its risk appetite.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out periodic reviews of the bank’s risk assets and provide data, analytics and insights on macro and micro economic variables and the implications on the risk assets creation and management for the bank.
- Analysis and appraisal of customers’ credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines(fulfilling conditions for disbursement or deferrals obtained)
- Responsible for providing support, direction, credit Information and loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the Bank’s lending portfolio.
- Monitor the strict adherence to credit related regulations (Single obligor limits, aggregate large exposures etc.)
- Ensure timely review and approval/disapproval of credit requests.
- Perform reviews for renewals/assessment of existing facilities performance and other credit related requests.
- Assist the bank in identifyingrisks that the bank is exposed to and proffer mitigants to same.
- Monitor the attainment of approved standards on credit portfolio management
- Provision of information requested by regulatory/rating agencies.
- Preparation and rendition of all credit risk reports ( weekly and monthly reports, credit exposures, performing and default loans etc.) especially for CBN returns.
- Ensures proper documentation of individual exposure by adhering to set documentation standards and procedures.
- Effective training of subordinates to achieve business continuity.
- Calculating the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss Reserve (AILL) and making recommendations to executive management and the Board of Directors for monthly allocations to the Loan Loss Reserve.
- Ensure adequate loan provisioning is done on the bank’s loan portfolio in line with prudential guidelines.
- Performs direct supervisory duties of department and coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the unit.
- Supervise all credit committee sessions.
- Reviews all loans prior to submission to management credit committee for approval.
- Provide necessary reports to financiers and regulatory bodies as regards the credit portfolio.
- Oversee all loan verification exercises.
Relevant Skills, Qualification, Attributes and Experience
- A first degree in Economics, Finance or any other discipline, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years banking experience with at least 3 years in a senior management role in a Microfinance Bank.
- Must have completed the CIBN MCP programme.
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements and business dynamics.
- In-depth understanding of Microfinance Regulatory framework.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines in a high-pressure environment, with varying ranges of supervision.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org