Mario Consulting Limited – Our client, is a major operator in the Logistics and Port Operations in Nigeria. As a result of expansion, they require the services of experienced knowledgeable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Business Head, Logistics and Port Operations
Reports to: MD, ED
- Our client requires the services of experienced Business Head, Logistics and Port Operations.
- The candidate is to provide day to day hands-on supervision, administration and monitoring as well as undertake a range of managerial duties associated with the effectiveness of running the company’s fleet of trucks, port operations and providing general logistics and fleet management solutions.
- Logistics Officer
- Loading & Offloading Officers
- Yard Supervisor
- Driver Supervisor
- Responsible for all port and logistics operations by ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Open, develop and maintain business opportunities with ENL and among major importers within the port and its environment
- Open, develop and maintain business opportunities with third-party clearing and forwarding companies for indirect transfers across Nigeria and West Africa
- Collect intelligent information on consignment and using it to determine growth capacity for the business.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the development of approach to facilitate the movement of consignment to its final destination.
- Co-ordinate the entire business strategies of end to end logistics and port operations i.e. planning, execution and evaluation.
- Work within allocated financial budgets and weekly Floats whilst maintaining best in class service levels
- Ensure that goals including throughput, projection and quality are met for all negotiation and packaging solution.
- Develop and maintain critical business partnership within the port and its environment that will translate to maximizing the potentials of the organization.
- Develop and execute risk management and mitigation plans (risk mitigation planning is the process of developing option and actions to enhance opportunities and reduce threats to business objective).
- Attend weekly operation review meeting with ENL and other business partners within the port.
- Attend other operations meetings with third-party clearing and forwarding companies / other key clients as they require.
- Co-ordinate very effectively every business point, such as drivers, maintenance, and fleet management to enhance operational activities.
- Manage all key relationship germane to the success of the company very diplomatically.
- Be sensitive to every internal politics and business dynamism or business force.
- Works closely with ENL Consortium Management to get high level business information for operational and business development planning
- Analyzes information documents received into simple formats for ease of Operation and business development planning.
- Prepare and present weekly / Monthly operations reports when required and send all reports beforehand to relevant management staff.
- Ensure all direct reports and subordinates make use of GIT Module under Fintrack Software.
- Establishes data collection measures, validates accuracy of information, participates in report reviews and supports process improvement initiatives.
- Provides tools to Operations Management and Process Managers to detect problem areas in real time and take timely action.
- Develops tools, reports, techniques and/or assists in implementing reporting systems for operations support, including but not limited to: ensuring reporting consistency, standardized formatting, and professional presentation; processes and issues documentation, reviews and creates subsequent reporting and process enhancements.
- Works with functional area managers and analysts to ensure report accuracy and timelines.
- Assist in defining long-range process improvement requirements and specifications to IT
- Provides AD-HOC reports, conducts research and special analysis.
- Performs other duties as required by the MD and ED when the need arises.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable known University.
- Any other relevant professional industry qualification would be an added advantage.
- Should be a flexible person who wouldn’t mind working weekends.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Nigerian ports operation areas.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Hands on approach to logistics and port operations.
- An excellent understanding of drivers’ behaviour.
- Formulates implementation plan and implement policies, procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency.
- Determine staffing requirements.
- Yearly budgeting.
- Able to work to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to design and implement relevant systems that would underpin safe and efficient port and general logistics operations.
- Track record of planning & delivering client’s cargo within agreed timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Ability to work well with little supervision.
Required Hard skills:
- Competent use of MS Office applications.
- Competent use and understanding of GIT module under the Fintrack Software.
Remuneration attached to this position is generous and in line with industry standards.
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their comprehensive CV’s, contact address (not P.O. Box) with functional e-mail address and other relevant details to: [email protected]