COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistic/Admin Assistant
Reports to: Country Administrator
Duration of the contract: 3 Months (Renewable subject to funding) Basic salary: (according to the experience)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Logistic/Admin Assistant will provide support to the Coordination office in Abuja
- Providing support and information on areas of work covered in this position.
- Implements Coordination office plans to agreed standards.
- Assists with the development of solutions to problems and responds to routine problems.
- Responds to and uses information received in a variety of formats from different sources.
- Day to day planning in line with Coordination office priorities.
- Communicates both internally and externally to give and receive information.
- Draw from a number of information sources to make decisions.
- Solves basic problems, which have some variety, and takes decisions based on a number of possible options.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator, and in collaboration with the HR Manager and Administrative Assistant who are collaborators in the Coordination office.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing administrative mail/documents – receiving, distributing, and filing and ensuring that all communications are properly referred and recorded
- Supervise the daily maintenance and running of the office and guest house, including liaison with Coordination office team to maintain proper working of equipment and adequate stock of office supplies.
- Provide Logistic/Administrative support to the Coordination office team, including filling of documents (both paper files and e-files).
- Receive and disseminate internal communications to all COOPI personnel as necessary.
- Liaise with the relevant staff to send out approved invitation letters to all visitors to the programme and expatriate staff to facilitate their visa arrangement.
- Responsible for sending and receiving documents by courier and maintaining full records of its content
- Provide Admin support in arranging required stationery,
- Provide admin support in all other areas of work including photocopying, binding, scanning and printing of documents for the Coordination Office.
- Establish common filing systems and storage and archiving of documents and file documents for all projects.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Ensure arrangements for travel for staff and visitors, including local and international travel/flights.
- Ensure hotel bookings or other appropriate accommodation for visitors and staff are made in a pro-active manner.
You will specifically need to:
- Make arrangements for pick-up and drop-off of visitors/staff at point of entry for the incoming and outgoing journey.
- Negotiate and arrange shipment of expatriate staff personal effects (start and end of contract) as applicable in consultation with line manager.
- Liaise with all travel and UNHAS agencies for travel update and other related information’s as required.
- Create and share staff movement and accommodation tracking
- Do routine check for Guest House, Office and Vehicles to make sure Standard Operating Procedure is in place and followed;
- Maintain calendar/time table to coordinate workflow of Office and Guest House requirement;
- Ensure timely and quality maintenance work for office/guest house premises and equipment;
- Ensure that there is appropriate office furniture for the office including ensuring that office premise is maintained at all times and kept to acceptable standards;
- Initiating timely provision of quality services and goods for the office (water and stationery supplies)
- Ensure office security/safety, and that security procedures are implemented.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidates (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management, Public Administration, or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- 1-2 years Logistic/Admin related work experience with an International NGO
- Experience in data collection, collation and archiving
- Fluency in English
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to: email@example.com Specifying in the e-mail subject “Application for Log/Admin Assistant”.
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.