Garmspot Nigeria Limited is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Accountant/Financial Controller
- The Company Accountant is required to ensure records of business transactions are kept in good order to bolster proper accountability and measurement of performance.
- The accounting officer shall provide financial information to management by researching, maintaining and analyzing management data & preparing reports as it relates to the company ‘Garmspot’ and its subsidiary ‘Garmprint’.
- The accountant shall be reporting to Management and Garmspot’s Directors. The candidate will be required to develop and implement solutions for improving the finance/accounting function of the company.
- Prepares forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Summarises current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, financial reports and other financial statements to assess accuracy and ensure these reports conform to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepares financial statements that may include monthly, quarterly and annual accounts based on financial information that is compiled and organized.
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Computes taxes owed and prepares tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyses business operations, financial forecasts, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses to provide effective advice and reporting where required.
- Advises on expenditure and revenue trends
- Develops, maintains and analyses budgets; prepares periodic reports, and compares budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Liaises with Office Assistants and Procurement officer to develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping, inventory management and accounting system using current technology.
- Works closely with the Admin department to administer payroll and other functions related to remuneration of staff.
- Surveys operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by analyzing account information and substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Secures financial information by completing database backups and maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Ensures proper and effective accounting procedure by researching and interpreting accounting policy regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality with operations and customer confidence.
- Accomplishes results and contributes to team efforts by performing required duties .
Skills & Other Requirements
- OND/HND/B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Should be ACCA or ICAN certified
- Knowledge of basic accounting software usage such as Peachtree or Sage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Clients (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Must have previous experience dealing with reconciliations, invoices, and sales ledgers.
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strategic planning and thinking abilities.
- Articulate with adequate communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong teambuilding abilities, and negotiation skills.
- Good problemsolving skills and the ability to apply initiative in executing tasks.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com