Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential. We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
- We are currently seeking for a qualified and goal-oriented professional who is enthusiastic about working with young people particularly girls/young women to join our team.
General Position Summary
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for planning and implementing programme activities on time, target and within program budget
- This position will ensure the Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises programme in Lagos implementation is responsive to marginalized Nigerian girls, their communities and skill-based centers, and coordinate activities that transition marginalized girls into economic activities.
- Participate in enrolment programme participants
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in government and community leaders to promote girls learning in literacy, numeracy and economic empowerment
- In collaboration with other programme officers implement relevant surveys, need assessments, data and information collection for on-going monitoring.
- Organise trainings for facilitators to deliver sessions to girls on literacy and numeracy and life skills
- Seek opportunities from within communities for girls education and economic empowerment
- Monitoring of programme activities
- Organise community outreaches on sexual and reproductive health and life skills
- Advocate for improved gatekeeper commitment towards girls education and empowerment within programme communities
- Jointly organise international commemorative days within communities of programme implementation
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Communication Arts or other relevant field
- At least 1-3 years work experience including project management
- Excellent ICT, analytical, report writing and oral communication skills
- Experience managing projects particularly targeting girls
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with community stakeholders and staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to manage budget accurately, meet deadlines and develop high quality reports is necessary.
Application Closing Date
31st January 2018 .
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and a Suitability Statement in one document, addressing how they fit into the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.