JCDecaux Africa is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide, the market leader in Europe, number 1 in Asia Pacific, in Latin America and in Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intelligent Traffic System Administrator
- The ITS Admin is responsible for setting up and following up on all of the processes and operations programmes related to Intelligent Traffic System Solution.
- He/she also ensures that sensors are in good working order and that data is collected, processed and display on the traffic information panels.
- He/she will also be the local single point of contact of Central Digital Operations Centre for advertising digital screens matters.
- Support for the setup of the ITS and its fine tuning: carries out on-site technical inspections prior to deployment in the early stages of a project, supplies technical support to installation teams during deployment, supervises installations carried out by internal teams and Contractors, carries out on-site reception of the installation, relays corrections to be made if JCDecaux quality requirements are not respected.
- Sets up and updates configurations, parameters.
- Participates the qualification tests on new software releases.
Support for the preparation of Operations teams:
- Works with Operations Management to establish the cleaning-maintenance programme, procedures for work tbe carried out on the sensors and for asset management based on Group Best Practice directives and regulations.
- Ensures Maintenance Documentation for sensors is up to date and available for the field technicians.
- Supervision of system performance, quality of service and respect of SLAs :
- Ensures that all IT systems are well set up and complete
- Collects and analyses data generated by the sensors deployed in order t:
- Performs fist remote troubleshooting
- Alert maintenance teams of reported faults,
- Issue global performance statistics regarding equipment, quality of service and to ensure that SLAs are honored.
- Content Approval : follows up the local contents approval process
- Ensures contents to be broadcasted on advertising panels are provided to the Central Digital Operations Centre on time and with requested quality
- Schedules and promotes campaigns form the Traffic Authorities onto the traffic information boards.
- Technical support regarding reported incidents: analyses incidents reported by the field Operations teams and serves as a relay between the Service Desk and the expert BEE and Corp IT teams; provides central piloting and follow-up tsolve incidents. Finds solutions to incidents and distributes these solutions tthe Operations teams.
- Follows up on action taken by Corporate experts, in relation with suppliers if necessary, should solutions to breakdowns not be found locally. For advertising digital screens, he/she will be the local contact for Central Digital Operations Centre based in South Africa.
- Support for system reliability: submits suggestions and recommendations to BEE Corp and digital product development teams to increase reliability of the various digital supports, subjects specifications and component validation procedures to critical analysis in order to ensure that Operations requirements are taken into account fully.
- Contribution to the optimization of Operations: regularly consolidates production indicator data.
- Provides support for the identification of improvements to be made.
- Ensures local follow up of good implementation, possible optimization and possible improvements.
Internal and External Contacts
- Technical Director
- Maintenance Technicians
- Central Digital Operations Centre in South Africa
- IT Operations
Internal JCDecaux Corporate (France):
- Supply Chain : Management of equipment under warranty
- EDOS and Corporate experts (IT and R&D-BEE)
- Internet access suppliers (3G-4G, xDSL, Fibre….)
- Lagos State authorities (Police/Traffic department, communication department)
- National Technical Diploma or Higher National Diploma in IT or Engineering
- Field experience in installations and maintenance of electronic and IT systems
- Experience in the execution and optimization of Operations and system maintenance procedures, in the use of associated IT tools
- Technical expertise in the following areas is an advantage : OEM electronic components (PCs, processers, router), Operations systems and drivers (Linux, Windows, Androïd), Digital Signage field
- Knowledge of IP networks management
- Results and delivery-oriented
- Rigorous, meticulous regarding details and quality
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High reactivity and availability
- Ability to lead and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and take on task ownership
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online