Kranite Nigeria Limited commits itself to becoming an international company and a major Supplier and Designer Architectural Hardwares in Nigeria. The company is best sourced for wide range of activities related to Stainless Steel Railings; Aluminum Railings; Burglary Proof; Stone Coated Roof; Office Partitions; Shower Cubicles; Furniture & Fittings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chemical Engineer
Your daily activities will be extremely diverse and largely depend on the role and the sector in which you work. In general, tasks include:
- Working closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes including appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Optimising production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies
- Applying new technologies
- Researching new products from trial through to commercialisation and improving product lines
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
Examples of work activities in specific sectors include:
- Undertaking small and intermediate-scale manufacturing and packaging activities in pharmaceutical product development for clinical trial purposes
- Developing new methods of safe nuclear energy production, including projects such as conceptual design, simulation and construction of test rigs, and detailed design and operations support.
- You will need to have studied at Masters level, either completing a four-year MEng in Chemical Engineering or a BEng followed by the relevant Masters:
- Applied Chemistry
- Biochemical/Process Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Polymer Science/Technology.
- A HND or foundation degree in the Physical or applied Sciences may be accepted. You will also need to complete further qualifications if you wish to become chartered.
You will need to show:
- An understanding of engineering principles and mathematics
- An aptitude for, and interest in chemistry
- Project management skills
- Resource management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The capacity to motivate and lead a team
- Strong IT skills
- A careful and methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Commercial and business awareness
- Creativity and innovation.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org