Kranite Nigeria Limited commits itself to becoming an international company and a major Supplier and Designer Architectural Hardwares in Nigeria. The company is best sourced for wide range of activities related to Stainless Steel Railings; Aluminum Railings; Burglary Proof; Stone Coated Roof; Office Partitions; Shower Cubicles; Furniture & Fittings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for the evaluation of database software purchases and supervise the modification of any existing database software.
- They are responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally.
- Through control access, DBAs ensure the security of company data. Their skills and technical expertise are desirable to many organizations, with the highest demand being in data-intensive organizations like insurance, finance, and content providers.
Requirements, Education and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, along with advanced Education and Certifications are required to work as a database administrator.
- Many employers require three to five years of database experience, in addition to educational requirement.
- Obtaining a certification specializing in various database management systems is also helpful.
Here’s a list of database administrator skills for employment:
- Advise Management on Long-Term Capacity Plans and Growth
- Assign Passwords and Maintain Database Access
- Analyze and Recommend Database Improvements
- Analyze Impact of Database Changes to the Business
- Audit Database Access and Requests
- Backup and Restore Data
- Communicate Requirements to System Administrator
- Comfortable Working With Production Servers
- Configure Database Software
- Continually Review Processes for Improvement
- Debug Database Issues on Live Data
- Deploy System Updates
- Design and Build Database Management System
- Develop and Test Methods to Synchronize Data
- Develop and Secure Network Structures
- Ensure Data is Secure
- Ensure Databases Run Efficiently
- Ensure Platform Availability
- Extract Live Data
- Guarantee Database Setup Meets Industry Requirements
- Identify User Needs to Create and Administer Databases
- Implement Backup and Recovery Plan
- Install Database Software
- Install Updates
- Maintain Database
- Merge Databases
- Mine Data
- Modify Databases to Specific User Requirements
- Monitor Available Disk Space
- Oversee Development of New Databases
- Optimize Queries on Live Data
- Plan Disk Storage Requirements
- Proactively Tune Database in Production
- Prevent Data Loss
- Quickly Assess a Situation and Develop/Implement a Solution
- Recover Lost Data
- Repair Program Bugs
- Research Emerging Technology
- Review Existing Solutions
- Set Security Permissions for Database
- Setup Safety Measures to Recover Data
- Solid Project Management Capabilities
- Solid Understanding of Company’s Data Needs
- Strong Technical and Interpersonal Communication
- Test Database to Ensure Everything Operates Efficiently Without Error
- Test Recovery Plans
- Thorough Knowledge of SQL
- Troubleshoot Database Errors
- Understanding of Popular Database Management Software (SQL and MySQL)
- Update Database Permissions
- Work Closely with Development Teams with Regards to Database Updates and Design
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org