Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Package Lead Engineer (Pipelines)
Vacancy ref: 57721
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Reporting to: Project Manager (line) and to the Projects and Operations Director (functional).
- The Package Lead Engineer is responsible for the completion of the work related to his package within the targets of HSES, Quality, Cost and Schedule.
- Package = Offshore Pipelines installation
The Package Lead Engineer is responsible within his package to:
- Define with the Project Manager, the other Work Packages Engineers and Project Functions Managers, as needed, the physical limits of their respective Package and associated HSES, Quality and Schedule Targets as well as detailed Budget.
- Ensure the implementation of HSES and Quality Objectives.
- Assist the Project Manager in the implementation of Project Objectives and motivation of the Team.
- Prepare an Execution Plan and a Convergence Plan.
- Control and report budget and schedule.
- Identify and ensure management of changes.
- Propose and agree with the Project Manager reallocation of budget across the various Disciplines (mainly Engineering, Procurement and Operations) as needed to suit the best interests of the Project.
- Coordinate and follow up the execution of all Engineering work, Supply Chain activities, Fabrication work and Operations.
- Take ownership and manage the Risks and schedule associated to their work package scope of work.
- Identify and progress external interfaces and link with the Interface Manager.
- Check that the allocated resources are sufficient and that level of experience to carry out the work and meet the targets is adequate.
- Highlight to Project Manager any area of concern and seek arbitration in case of conflicts related to internal interfaces.
- Assist the Project Manager during periodic meetings with COMPANY and participate to CONTRACTOR Management reviews.
- Participate with Functions Managers in the yearly appraisal of resources.
The Package Lead Engineer will regularly interface with the following:
- COMPANY representative for this package
- NigerStar 7 Subcontractors and suppliers for this package.
- Package Engineers
- Interface Engineers
- Project Discipline Engineers
- Project SCM Engineers
- Project Operations Engineers
- Project Control Manager
- HSE Manager
- Quality Manager
- Fabrication Yards
- Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
- Understanding of Subsea 7 / NigerStar 7 installation environment and the needs of the various disciplines supporting the project
- Fluent in English Language
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Lotus notes applications
- 10 / 15 years experience in offshore pipelay operations.
The Package Lead Engineer will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
- Work will generally be based in the NigerStar 7 Lagos office.
- Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
- It is expected that the Package Engineer will have to visit fabrication yards, Construction vessels, and main Subcontractors during the course of the Project
- No special equipment is required for this role.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online