Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Technician
- Under the direct supervision of the WASH officer, the WASH Technician is responsible to organize and follow-up the construction/ rehabilitation/fixing or other related activities in targeted communities.
- The post is specifically oriented towards the WASH emergency response in the context of humanitarian crisis with IDPs and other vulnerable communities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience from working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge of general building maintenance including, masonry plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in dealing with local contractors
- Ability to write clear reports
- Education: Secondary/High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years experiences in construction/rehabilitation of water point and latrines
- Work experience in Borno State
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Technical knowledge on water quality control and management
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.