SpacePointe Limited (“SpacePointe or the “Company”) is a global retail technology company with solutions currently servicing the African and North American markets. With over 30 years of innovation, subject matter expertise and operational-execution experience, SpacePointe is helping to redefine an industry with advanced technology unmatched by its competitors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Software Development
- As Director, Software Development, you will play a hands-on, leadership role in the development and delivery across the board.
- The Director, Software Development must be a master of seamless software creation and delivery: This role will focus on enterprise platform development for a diverse collection of products on the platform.
- The ideal candidate will be able to lead a collaborative team of engineers, product Directors and designers and can prioritize and deliver cutting edge, clean code
- The Director, Software Development will be called to work upon a existing features on the platform as well as ideate and build new ones. Above all, the ideal candidate must possess a drive and personal pride in creating dynamic, state of the products.
The Ideal Candidate
- B.A/B.S in Computer Science, or a related discipline helpful
- Experience Leading a software development team
- Ability and desire to remain developmentally hands on approximately 50% of the time to augment team development objectives and 50% managing a dedicated team of developers as well as working with other key stakeholders, i.e.- project Directors, product developers, senior leadership)
- 7+ years of extensive hands on SDLC development (from concept through launch)
- Hands on development experience with PHP Development is required
- Experience with PostgreSQL, JSON and Web Services are also strongly desired
- Azure experience a plus
- Knowledge of Node JS required
- Knowledge of Ruby including advanced data types, methods, object orientation and debugging a plus
- Hands on Experience with WordPress Development especially helpful
- Must be able to manage an additional offshore/remote team of developers
- Able to drive continuous improvements of key processes
- Researching, investigating and identifying new relevant technologies
- Recommending architectural optimizations and solutions
- Strong desire to help grow a company and dominate the market
- Strong desire to work in a bureaucracy-free environment with an elite team
- Strong desire to take smart technical risks and produce outsized wins
- You don’t accept mediocrity, you need to deliver an amazing product, and won’t stop until it is completed
- You want to inspire and be inspired.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online