Channels Television is one of the 13 independent television stations currently broadcasting in Nigeria, since the Federal Government deregulated the broadcast media in 1992.
Are you that candidate with the right attitude and exceptional qualities we are looking for, who will effortlessly match competence and experience with our mission, core values and work ethics?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business News/Program Anchor
Department: Editorial (Channels TV)
Reports to: Business Editor / Controller News – Current Affairs
We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and creative Business Anchor to join our service at the Headquarters in Lagos.
We are dedicated to building a multi-talented workforce and therefore strongly encourage a wide range of applications from relevant individuals in the Media and Business industry. Equal Employment Opportunity is top on our corporate values, regardless of background.
Are you that candidate with the right attitude and exceptional qualities we are looking for, who will effortlessly match competence and experience with our mission, core values and work ethics? Please proceed to read the requirements below:
You would be involved in :
- Anchoring of Business Programmes and Business News
- Production of Business News and Business Programmes including Special Business Reports and collaboration with the team on Research for the Programmes.
- Reporting Business events as Scheduled or Commercial Programming
- Conducting interviews, Write Scripts and Edit Reports
- Doing Piece-to-Camera and Stand Uppers LIVE reporting from Locations,
- Voice-over for Reports and Programmes,
- Collaborating with Non-Linear Editors to produce reports and shows.
The following will be required of an Ideal candidate :
- Must have a University Degree (B.A./BSc.) preferably in Mass Communication, English, Economics, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Statistics or qualification in related field.
- Post Graduate Degree/Master’s Degree (M.BA/M.Sc.) is an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years work experience in this field.
- Must be experienced in television broadcast.
- An excellent knowledge of the Economy, Business, Investments, Markets and Industry: Money and Capital Markets,
- Strong professional ability, dexterity, and agility
- Strong, reliable and useful inter-personal connection/relationship with policy and decision makers, business leaders, industry experts, etc.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Hard working.
- Possess strong intelligence, ideas and skills to achieve results.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
- Result-oriented and proactive attitude.
- Rational and analytic thinking.
- Team player.
- Time management.
- Ability to work with deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Salary and Benefits: Negotiable.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and credentials detailing your skills, experience and interests, and a show reel or portfolio of your work with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to: [email protected]
Note: Eligible candidates applying for this position must be able to live and work in Lagos candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.