The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Locations: 6 Geo-political Zones, Nigeria
Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal subject the availability of funds.
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIlS), a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
- The NPHIA Finance Officer will be responsible for coordinating financial activities within a geopolitical zone
- Ensures timely processing of payment request i.e. Travel advances, expense reports, workshop per diems, vendor invoices, etc.
- Ensure timely payment of all field expense and reimbursements in compliance with organizations supporting document requirement
- Ensure adequate financial internal control systems including verifying transactions, reconciling balances on a weekly basis
- Manage the account receivables to ensure balances are current and at acceptable levels
- Maintains the accounts payables and monitor payments & outstanding balances
- Ensure timely payment and submission of withholding taxes including annual remittance of tax returns
- Maintain audit ready-financial documentation
- Data entry of transactions into QuickBooks (Accounting software) for FM’S review
- Review and ensure completeness of all payments and other financial records
- Work closely with the FM in preparing bi monthly pipeline and spend plan report for the NPHIA project
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- As part of internal controls, periodically reviews the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of randomly selected field expenses and make recommendations including supporting the internal/external auditors as required
- Oversee an efficient document filing and archival system both in hard and electronic formats
- Regular and timely scanning of transaction document to Country program office and HQ.
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of Payment vouchers
- Any other duty that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
- B.Sc in Accounting or its equivalent
- 2 years experience in finance and accounting practice
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online