9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, RF Planning and Optimisation (R4)
- Participate inradio site planning and optimization of assigned BSC, RNC and eNodeB in linewith 9mobile guidelines
- Assist in monitoring quality of network in assignedarea; liaise with all stakeholders from Implementation, operations andmaintenance to achieve same.
- Liaise with RF vendors to ensure that RF processes arefollowed and escalate any issues identified to the Manager, RF Planning andOptimisation.
- Proactive radio capacity planning and resourcemanagement.
- Attain agreedoptimization KPI’s for 2G suchas CSSR, SDCCH, TCH, DCR and also 3G KPI’s such as RRC Set-up Succ. Rate, AMRRAB Set-up Succ. Rate, PS RAB Set-up Succ. Rate, HSDPA RAB Set-up Succ. Rate.
- Participate in special projects e.g. technical trials,temporary sites.
- Ensure accuracy in reporting and presentation of alltechnical plans.
- Work with Manager, RF Planning to understand the RFdesign, cluster definition, customer expectation, and network configuration.
- Study RF design coverage maps and identify problemareas in terms of coverage, interference, or pilot pollution.
- Perform sanity check on antenna configuration.
- Ensure that the methods and procedures in handbook onoptimization is followed correctly and optimization procedures implemented areconsistent with 9mobile recommendations.
- Keep up-to-date documentation of optimization-relatedactions; also maintain archives of all collected data.
- Request drive tests, analyse data, and recommendnetwork changes as applicable.
- Interact with back office support team to ensuredesired objectives are met with regards to customer complaints.
- Ensure that Planning and Optimization of Wirelessnetwork follows laid down process.
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Two years post NYSC work experience
- Network Planning and Design
- 2G, 3G and 4G Radio Access Technologies
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online