Redeemer’s University is a faith-based institution of higher learning, established by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and licensed by the Federal Government in January, 2005. It commenced academic activities in October, 2005. The vision of Redeemer’s University is to be the foremost academic institution setting standards through continuous commitment to excellence geared towards making a transformative impact on society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The candidate shall subscribe to and be a believer the vision, mission and core values of the University and will work for the realization of its objectives.
- He/she shall live an exemplary God-fearing life and comportment worthy emulation by staff and students.
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the University and, from time to time, provides expert advice on issues relating to investments, revenue generation, as well as disbursement funds.
- The Bursar will oversee all finance, accounting, reporting and internal control procedures, forecasting, budgeting, treasury, resource mobilization, fundraising, sponsorship, grants, subventions, endorsement drive, revenue generation activities, tax and insurance functions of the University.
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good University degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in Accounting or related disciplines, and must be a fellow/member of any of the recognised professional bodies, such as ICAN, ICAEW, ACCA, ICMA, ANAN or AICPA.
- He/she must have garnered at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience with a minimum of ten (10) years at management level.
- Possession of a higher degree and a certified and working knowledge of IFRS will be added advantages.
- The candidate shall not be more than 55 years on assumption of office.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to be a person with:
- Outstanding leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve corporate goals.
- God-fearing, high integrity and moral standard. Someone who appreciates and acts on merit.
- A clear vision for the development of the University as well as readiness to implement the vision of the University.
- Excellent inter-personal relations.
- Focus and innovative, with a track record of leading change.
- An enviable record in fund raising, resource and revenue mobilization.
- Excellent physical and mental health.
- A high level of computer literacy.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The appointment shall be for a single term of five years. Redeemer’s University offers an enhanced remuneration package applicable to the posts of Bursar in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send the following:
- Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees.
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to “the Chairman, Governing Council” in care of the address indicated below, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, administrative and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Bursar: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 20 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the Bursary of a world class University.
All applications and supporting documents marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Vlce Chancellor,
In addition to the submission of hard copies, applications should also be completed online at: www.recruitment.run.edu.ng Soft copies of the applications and accompanying materials should also be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line should read “Application for the Post of Bursar”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same web address above.
Note: Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted further.