The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria. It is a national not-for-profit organization with the mission of strengthening the nation’s ability to deliver the fruits of science to society by the acquisition, growth, and dissemination of Sound scientific knowledge, and facilitation of its use in the solution of major national problems. In furtherance of its mission, the NAS is recruiting for the under-listed position:
Job Title: Programme Officer
- Initiates, monitors and controls -and closes specific projects/programs of The Academy (which have the overall objective of gathering evidence to inform policies and programs)
- Manages projects/programs
- Manages projects from initiation to completion (includes budget preparation, sourcing of resource persons – e.g. speakers, consultants, fellows etc. for the project/program).
- Controls and monitors project execution; ensuring that deliverables are timely and project is completed within time, scope and budget.
- Performs project documentation – report writing and editing of completed projects.
- Fund-raising – involved in writing fund raising letters and visits to possible funders for proposed projects.
- Research/ proposal writing
- Writes proposals (including budgetary and concept notes for grants to various projects
- Assists the preparation of graphics and presentations
- Conducts background research on topics for current and proposed studies/projects
- Conducts database, website and literature review in national and international publications
- Checks facts and references for report and journal publications
- Identifies and gathers research materials as directed
- Facilitates flow of information among programme staff, fellows, external experts, consultants etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good First university degree in the Sciences (Physical Sciences may be an advantage)
- A postgraduate degree in the sciences would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant post- qualification experience; 1 of which must have been spent at Strategic middle/senior management level in a program management role in a research organization or a donor funded initiative.
- Scientific Knowledge
- Business and financial Acumen
- Alliance management
- Conflict resolution
- Oral and written communication
- Customer orientation
- Scientific advocacy & policy knowledge
- Work planning attributes
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Innovation & creativity
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes (prepared as a Microsoft Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title – Your Surname & Initials” as the subject of the email. e.g “Programme Officer – Oguaghamba C.S”.
Note: All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.