Awareness Media Limited fresh job vacancies for :
- Freelance Reporter
- News Correspondent
The Awareness Media Limited, a newly incorporated news/media company poised to raise the bar in quality, factual, informative and development based news to a wide a audience.
*Job Title: News Correspondent
- The Correspondent will be a field Reporter whose responsibilities will be the gathering of relevant news materials for the publication.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with an ear to the ground and a nose for news who can smell news from afar.
- The candidate should have sound writing skills with clarity of mind.
- He/She should have understanding of the workings of a modern newsroom, and what constitute news.
- The ideal candidate should be versatile and has the ability to do cross beats (she can cover business, as well as politics, and even entertainment).
- The ideal candidate should be an all rounder news person.
- Report and write news stories for publication on the site
- Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to provide accurate and complete information
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, news, sports, political events etc
- Investigate and report breaking news
- Research and report on specialized fields like science, medicine, technology, sports, religion etc
- Discuss issues with co-editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
- A First Degree in Mass Communication, English-Language, History, Political Science or Sociology would be preferred.
- However, candidates with backgrounds outside communication disciplines but with relevant media reportorial experiences and hands-on skills in journalism are encouraged to apply.
- A second degree will be an added advantage.
*Job Title: Editor-in-Chief
Location: Aba, Abia
- The Editor-in-Chief shall oversee the day to day running for the medium and would be someone with sound media experience.
- He shall be the Chairman of the Editorial Board, meaning that he ensures at all times that the medium stays true to its editorial policies and the editorial direction of the medium is under his supervision.
- He takes overall responsibility for the editorial process of the medium.
- Aside having the right contacts and ear for news, the ideal candidate must be highly creative with a well developed ‘editorial eyes’.
- Being the face of the medium his communication skills should be unassailable and he should also have a good understanding of the business of media.
- This position is based in Aba, Abia State, and preference would be given to candidates who either reside in Aba or are willing to live in Aba because the medium needs a hands-on resident Editor-in-Chief at this stage.
- Day to day running of the medium.
- Content development.
- Facts checking.
- Make necessary changes
- Business development of the medium.
- Supervising the entire team
- Driving the editorial direction of the medium.
- Ensure that the company policies are duly followed in writing each article
- A good First Degree in Mass Communications, English, and any communications related field would be considered. Masters Degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences would be an added advantage.
- Between 8 to 10 years unbroken media experience is most preferable.
- Proficiency in English Language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Managerial Skills
- Knowledge of quality control
- Effective judgment and decision making skills
- Knowledge of basic Defamation/Libel laws
- Very creative, innovative and team player
*Job Title: Freelance Reporter
- Interested candidates must have flair for writing, nose for news and ears on the ground.
- Interested candidates should have relevant qualifications with experience in writing news worthy articles.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates applying for this position should please specify their areas of interest such as business, politics, sports, culture, politics etc.