Mercy Corps Nigeria Latest Job Vacancy for Entry-level Program Assistant, believe me with well good salary you can accumulate this position. Read further to know how to apply.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2018/00017
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State with at least 60% travel to project locations
Reports Directly to: Senior Program Officer
Works Directly with: Finance, Programs and Operation Teams.
The MAIDA Program will directly support the recovery of at least 70,000 women, men, girls and boys who are returnees, IDPs and members of host communities affected by the Boko Haram insurgency in southern and central Borno State. The objective of MAIDA is to increase the social cohesion and resilience to economic, social and climate related shocks in Borno State in an environmentally-conscious way. Four interrelated and mutually reinforcing intermediate outcomes will contribute to achieving this objective.
First, MAIDA will restore and improve rural livelihoods in an ecologically sustainable manner by enabling households to take advantage of existing and new agricultural market opportunities. In parallel, adolescents and youth will be empowered as economic actors in their communities through access to employment, diversified livelihood opportunities, vocational training and business development initiatives. These outcomes will be reinforced by improved access to social protection and community-based services for women, youth, adolescent breadwinners and other at-risk groups.
Finally, overall social cohesion will be strengthened within and between conflict-affected communities and environmental resource management will be improved in areas of displacement and return. Sectors of intervention will include market-led and climate-smart livelihood and employment opportunities, vocational training for youth, social and economic protection and community reintegration and peacebuilding. Economic recovery activities will build resilience through Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) market systems-based models, reducing poverty by enhancing the ways that poor and vulnerable households interact with markets.
General Position Summary
- The Program Assistant is responsible for mobilizing communities to participate in meetings, visits, dialogues and other Program activities and works with the community on a day-to-day basis.
- The community mobilizer is responsible for community engagement within their assigned LGA situated in Borno State.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Map community leaders, groups and individuals and provide input and guidance on the choice of community leaders, groups and individuals to engage with.
- Schedule meetings with the identified relevant stakeholders and guide the project staff to the various meeting points within the LGA as required.
- Support in taking meeting notes and collecting relevant data.
- Frequently update the project team on all outreach and engagement activities with the identified stakeholders from the meetings. This includes all meetings, one-on-one interviews, phone calls, email exchanges and any additional public outreach activities.
- Conduct him/herself professionally as a representative of Mercy Corps to the community.
- Conduct self both professionally and personally in a manner that brings credit to Mercy Corps and does not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned or required.
Finance & Compliance Management:
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure compliance with all Mercy Corps finance regulation in carrying out activities.
Influence & Representation:
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Security in the field locations require additional vigilance and accessibility will be reassessed continuously. Access to good medical services in northeast is limited. Phone communication, internet, electricity and water is available but might be erratic.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- Educational qualification in relevant field required (Sociology, Psychology, Economics and Business Administration)
- 1 year of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian programs required.
- Ability to prepare concise reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written and computer skills.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri is required.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
- The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected] All applications must include the “Position Title” in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.