Plan International is recruiting for Administrative Officer…
Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Abuja, Travel required Occasional
Functional Area: Administration
Reports to: Admin Coordinator
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Country office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Admin Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the Country office and field offices.
Dimensions Of The Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics management in the Country office and give support to the field office where necessary.
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Maintain vehicle and Generator maintenance log
- Ensure that vehicles and generators are in good conditions and liaise with the Admin Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin Coordinator
Human Resource Development :
- Support with the coordination of orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of staff, vendor and suppliers when required in line with Admin and Logistics policies and procedures
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Shares relevant information within the team supporting the proper documentation of all administrative, logistic and financial transactions of the operations
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilization efforts by supporting costings with respect to budget preparation and related engagement.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Admin and Logistics Coordinator for consideration.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Interface with vendors, services providers and consultant to Plan Nigeria
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked to admin and logistics
- Report to the Admin Coordinator
- Supervises drivers in the CO and supports drivers in the field offices
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 -4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in a
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi- ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Plan International’s Values In Practice
- We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
- We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
- We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
- We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- Typical office environment with occasional travels to field office
Level Of Contact With Children
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit submit their CV’s and a Statement of Interest responding to how they have demonstrated the above listed values in the course of their career to: [email protected] Indicate the Job Title and Location as subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Sent all applications as specified above.